This Course will help candidates to understand Solaris Operating System. This 40 hours course will make you proficient enough to crash interviews of SOLARIS admin positions. We will help you for certification. .
Introduction to Solaris Administration
- The Role of the System Administrator
- Hardware Responsibilities
- Software Responsibilities
- Responsibilities to the Users
Installing Solaris Operating System
- Planning disk Layout
- Different modes of installation
- Install Solaris from CD/DVD
- Selecting software options
- Post Installation procedures
- Upgrading Solaris
Solaris File system Hierarchy
- Introducing the File System Paradigm
- The File System Layout
- Identifying file types
- Using Hard Links
- Patch Naming Conventions
- Installing Patches
- Checking patch levels
- Obtaining Patches
- Installing Patches with smpatch utility
- Listing Patches
- Removing Patches
- Boot PROM fundamentals
- Boot PROM commands
- Identifying system Boot device
- Creating Custom device aliases
- Viewing changing NVRAM parameters.
Managing Local Disk Devices
- Basic Disk Architecture
- Solaris Device naming convention
- Listing system devices
- Reconfiguring Devices
- Partitioning the Hard disk
- Managing the disk labels.
Managing Solaris OS File System
- Introducing Solaris OS File Systems.
- Creating a New UFS File System.
- Checking File system by FSCK.
- Resolving File system Inconsistencies.
- Monitoring File system use.
Performing Mounts and Umounts
- Working with mounting basics.
- Performing Mounts.
- Performing Umounts.
- Accessing Mounted Disk, CD-ROM.
Managing Package Administration
- Package admin fundamentals
- Adding packages
- Checking Packages
- Removing Packages
- Streaming one or more packages
- Displaying information about installed packages.
Shutdown and Reboot
- Service Management Facility
- Identifying boot process
- System Boot Process Overview
- Autoboot versus Manual Boot
- Initiating the Boot Sequence
- Interacting with the BootPROM
- Run Levels
- Changing Run Levels with init
- Configuring init via /etc/inittab
Creating and Managing User Accounts
- Users & Groups – Access to System and
- The /etc/passwd File
- The /etc/group File
- Creating User Accounts using tools.
- Managing User Accounts from the
- Command Line
- The /etc/skel Directory
- Customizing User Accounts
Performing System Security
- Monitoring System Access
- Switching users on a system
- Controlling system access
- Restricting access to data in files.
Controlling System Processes
- Viewing System Processes
- Killing Frozen Process
- The cron Daemon
- cron file
- Managing cronfile with crontab
- What Happens When a Job is Scheduled
Configuring and using Printer Services
- Introducing Network Printing Fundamentals.
- Configuring Printing services.
- Administering printing services.
Performing file system backups & Restores
- Introducing Fundamentals of Backup.
- Backup of unmounted File system.
- Restorign a UFS Filesystem
Backing up mounted File system with UFS Snapshot.
- Creating UFS snapshot -FSSNAP.
- Backing up the UFS Snapshot file.Describing Interface Configuration
- Control and monitor network interfaces
- Configure Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4) interfaces at boot time
- Changing hostnames
- IPMP configuration
- DNS Client side configuration
Describing the Client-Server Model
- Describe client-server processes
- Start server processes
Managing Swap Space
- System Memory
- Describe virtual memory
- Configure swap space
- Enabling Swap via /etc/vfstab
- Monitoring Swap Space Usage
Managing Crash Dumps and Core Files
- Managing Crash Dump Behavior
- Changing the Crash Dump Configuration
- Managing Core File Behavior
- Changing the Core File Configuration
- Configuring NFS
- Describe the benefits of NFS
- Describe the fundamentals of the NFS distributed file system
- Manage an NFS server
- Manage an NFS client
- Enable the NFS server logging
- Manage NFS with the Solaris™ Management Console storage folder tools
- Troubleshoot NFS errors
- Describe the fundamentals of the AutoFS file system
- Use automount maps
Describing RAID and the Solaris Volume
- Describe RAID
- Describe Solaris Volume Manager software concepts
- Describe Solaris Volume Manager software concepts
- Build a RAID-0 (concatenated/Stripe) volume
- Build a RAID-1 (mirror) volume for the root (/) file system
- Build a RAID-5 Volume
- Increasing the File system space
- Soft partitioning
Configuring Role-Based Access Control
- Describe RBAC fundamentals
- Describe component interaction within
- Manage RBAC by using the commandline
Configuring System Messaging
- Describe the fundamentals of the syslog function
- Configure the /etc/syslog.conf file
- Configure syslog messaging
- Use the Solaris Management Console log
Using Name Services
- Describe the name service concept
- Describe the name service switch file /etc/nsswitch.conf
- Describe the name service cache daemon (nscd)
- Get name service information
Configuring the Network Information Service
- Describe NIS fundamentals
- Configure the name service switch file
- Describe NIS security
- Configure an NIS domain
- Build custom NIS maps
- Troubleshoot NIS
Introduction to Zones
- Identify the different zones features
- Understand how and why zone partitioning is used
- Configure zones
- Install zones
- Boot zones
- Moving Zones
- Migrating Zones
Introduction to the ZFS File systems
- Describe the Solaris ZFS file systems
- Create a ZFS pools and file systems
- Modify ZFS file system properties
- Mount and unmount ZFS file system
- Destroy ZFS pools and file systems
- Work with ZFS snapshots and Clones
- Use of ZFS datasets with Solaris zones
Describing the Custom JumpStart Configurations
- Describe the JumpStart configurations
- Implement a basic JumpStart server
- Set up JumpStart software configuration alternatives
- Troubleshoot the JumpStart configurations
- Configure a naming service to support JumpStart
100% JOB guarantee program with money back policy
we are the only institute offering 100% job gaurantee with on paper money back policy
1. Get trained Get Placed in just 100 Days.
2. Join us, become Goals certified IT professional and get placed in Coporate in just 100 days.
3. Customised training program for every individual with flexible batch timings.
4. We not only impart technical training but also make you industry ready.
5. We make sure our students are not only technically sound but also employable, and we do this by working on communication skills and personality grooming.
6. We have successfully placed candidates with non IT background (BA, BCOM, BBA etc.) also in IT MNCs.
7. Our placement ratio is 100%.
8. Get Goals certified IT professional certificate
@Goals InfoCloud we have intense process for Trainer selection.
we make sure that our trainers are capable of delivering world class training
and preparing candidate for certification exam and industry ready.
we have pool of 400+ Trainers who are engaged in classroom training
/online training/corporate workshops/live projects.
All our trainers are real time working professionals/architects/consulatants.
We have delivered more than 1200+ corporate trainings to our customers
located across Geography.
All our trainers are globally certified experts in their respective technologies
and also flexible to help you anytime even after course completion.
We are an ISO 9001-2008 certified IT MNC.
We are authorized business partners of EMC, NetApp, HP, Symantec, RedHat, Cisco & IBM, Authorized Exam Centre & fastest growing
We conduct 100% JOB Guarantee program for freshers & experienced candidates with Money Back Guarantee.
We have more than 1000+ openings with our customers exclusively for Goals Students for 2018.
Our students are placed in TCS, cognizant, wipro, BMC, Netglow solutions,
HSBC, Berkleys Bank, HDFC bank, Accel frontline ltd, DCM data systems,
Comau, Nihilent, Nipro, TriZetto, SLK technologies, IBM and many more…
Below are the features of our training program :
1. We are an MNC having presence in Canada, Singapore and India.
2. Our own Data center setup.
3. Latest Hardware and software.
4. Best training center for DevOps, BI, AI, IMS, Big Data Analytics, Machine Learning,
Programming Languages and Software Testing.
5. Best infrastructure Setup in industry.
6. Affordable fees for all training's.
7. Get free lifetime career support and consultation
8. Get chance to work on live projects.
9. Excellent discounts for a group.
10. Unlimited access to data center 24*7*365 days.
11. we have a pool of 400+ trainers.
12. Get Course completion certificate